11 Nov 11:00 - 04 Dec 17:00 - Cape Town
Ceramics SA Western Cape
➧ More info
Corobrik NATIONAL CERAMICS BIENNALE 2018
28 September - 5 October; submission of entry forms and then images
17 October; announcement of selected work on National website.
29 October; work to be delivered to Rust-en-Vrede Gallery.
7 November; award judging.
8 November; Private view.
11 November; Opening of Corobrik National Ceramics Biennale.
4 December; final day of exhibition.
5 December; dismantling of exhibition and return of unsold work.
•All entries will go through a selection process by image.
•Ceramics SA organisers reserve the right to reject any unsuitable pieces sent to the exhibition.
•The selectors’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The awards will be chosen from the selected works. Note images of work to be ready for submission by 28 September 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
To qualify for entry you must have had work selected onto a previous Ceramics SA Regional Exhibition.
IMAGES FOR SELECTION
For each piece you submit you are required to prepare 3 images of the piece. Two views of the piece and one detail. Be aware that these images are what your work is being selected by, so be sure to submit the best images possible. These images should be medium size and no more than 1mb each. The work must be photographed against a white or grey background.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. You may enter 3 pieces into the National Ceramics Biennale 2018. One of these entries may be a set, group or installation. Please note if you are entering a set, group or installation it will be sold for one price, and under no circumstances will these works be broken up and sold in part.
Be sure that the price on your entry is the selling price.
Be aware that Ceramics Southern Africa will take a commission of 40% of this selling price.
2. Entries must be own, original work and concept and may not have previously been entered in a competition or exhibition.
3. All parts of the ceramic work must be fired and if you are exhibiting a mixed media work at least 80% must be ceramic.
4. Entrants must have previously had work accepted on a Regional Exhibition.
5. Selectors will not accept work which is an exact copy of work by another artist.
6. Artists who enter plates/hanging or suspended items must supply them complete with stands/ wires, etc.
7. All pieces must be for sale and the selling price, which must include 40% commission, should be clearly stipulated on the Entry Form.
8. Although all reasonable care will be taken in handling of the work, Ceramics Southern Africa, the sponsors, and Rust en Vrede Gallery do not hold themselves responsible for any loss or damage in transit or for the duration of the exhibition.
9. Ceramics Southern Africa reserves the right to use photographs of exhibition pieces for publicity/marketing purposes.
10. Cost of transport of accepted work to the gallery in Durbanville, Western Cape is payable by the exhibiton participants.
11. Western Cape Region members carry the cost of collection of items.
To enter the National Ceramics Biennale 2018 you must be a paid up member of Ceramics Southern Africa.